|The cover image for the book|
But we still have 16% to go. Help push this project over the goal line!
Adventures Dark and Deep™ is an attempt to explore what the game might have looked like if Gary Gygax had been allowed to keep developing it, based on several articles in Dragon magazine, numerous bits of information given in various online fora, and other writings. This is a best-guess based on the information available, the result of years of research and an open playtest that's lasted for more than a year and a half. Everything comes from his public statements; there's no insider information at work here.
This particular project, A Curious Volume of Forgotten Lore, is not a full rulebook unto itself, but is a rules supplement intended to be used alongside whatever 1E-like rules you currently use. Whether you're playing Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 1E, OSRIC, Labyrinth Lord with the Advanced Edition Companion, or something else that's compatible, you'll be able to take this book and start using it right away. And what's in it?
- A new bard class and the jester-sub class, along with all the spells that make them unique
- The mystic class, a sub-class of cleric, and tons more spells
- The savant class, a sub-class of mage, plus spells
- The mountebank class, a sub-class of thief with, you guessed it, more spells!
- A new alternative combat system that's faster and less complex, including a new unarmed combat system
- New monsters
- And lots more!
The money raised from the kickstarter campaign will be used to pay for artwork by the incredibly talented OSR artist Brian "Glad" Thomas, as well as professional editing.
Help make this a reality, and let's get the kickstarter campaign over the goal so I can start putting out bonus goals!