- Greyhawk module lore. Going through the early TSR modules to pluck out and systematize Greyhawk-related lore. The geopolitical implications of some of the more subtle aspects of the Temple of Elemental Evil, for example, or how White Plume Mountain might fit into the interactions of the Bandit Kingdoms and the Shield Lands.
- Castle of the Mad Archmage. Aside from continuing the regular releases, I'm giving thought to how things will progress once the core levels are complete this year. One idea I had was to offer individual side-levels for sale. You get the core for free, but you pay for the gravy. Thoughts?
- Castle of the Mad Archmage redux. Something else I am giving very serious thought to giving the work a final scrubbing of all the TSR/WotC trademarks and offering the core levels for sale as a hard copy product. It wouldn't happen until December, and I would still offer the pdf version for free, but for those who want the "mailed out from his living room" magic, it would be there. With large-size poster maps of all the levels, of course; it wouldn't be cheap. More thoughts?
- My fantasy heartbreaker. A set of books based on the AD&D rules, but incorporating the changes I outlined not too long ago regarding my reconstruction of what Gary would have wanted his own second edition to look like. With the new classes, the monster changes, etc. etc. etc. But with all the retro-clones, old-school-inspired games, and new stuff out there, would anyone really care about such a thing? Do we *need* another old-school game that's not a true emulator?
- Non-gaming stuff. I try to segregate my religious work from my gaming stuff here, but in terms of workload, it's worth mentioning that I'm in the midst of writing two separate books on Germanic mythology, folklore, and magic. The work comes and goes in spurts, like all the rest, of course. But if I'm working on this, it means I'm not working on the rest.
- Fiction. I used to be quite the fantasy writer back in my high school and college days. I would dearly love to pick it up again, but time time time time.
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Please accept my apologies for the relative dearth of posting on the blog as of late. I've got so much going on right now it's hard to squeeze in time to formulate something substantive here. Things I've got on some burner, whether back or front, just at the moment...