Thursday, December 20, 2012

We Did It!



First and foremost, thank you to all who backed the Players Manual project. We came in at $8,600, which is 132% of the goal. Thanks to you, we're going to have a beautiful book!

The next step is to get the artists set to working. The emails to them will go out today or tomorrow, giving them their individual assignments. Their work should be back to me by February, or possibly sooner.

And one piece of even better news; the editor has already gotten back to me with her notes and revisions for the manuscript! Seems that some people had a lot of faith that the Kickstarter campaign would meet its goal. So that potentially lengthy phase of the project is already done. I just need to incorporate her notes into the "live" version of the document.

So we're in an even better place than I expected to be today. Artists will get their marching orders by the weekend, and the markup is done and just needs to be incorporated into the manuscript. Once the art comes back, final layout and production can commence. I'll keep you all posted as there's news to report.

Either today or in a day or three, I'll be posting a more comprehensive self-analysis of this Kickstarter campaign, similar to the one I did for A Curious Volume of Forgotten Lore. There were some interesting differences based on deliberate decisions, and I think it's worth going into in more detail.

3 comments:

DuBeers said...

Congratulations!

Geffyl said...

Now with 32% more support! It couldn't have happened to a nicer book. :)

Terrific!

Eldrad Wolfsbane said...

If I would not have been trying to catch up so I could not help fund BUT I will be buying all three books when they come out.